Locations & Hours
NY Locations & Hours
If you want to get the New York DMV services you need, you definitely need to know the locations and hours of New York DMV offices. If you don't know these key details, you could easily end up arriving too late, unaware of where to go, and even finding yourself wasting a bit of your time while you seek out the services you need. Finding the locations and hours of the New York DMV office that you must report to is easier than you think, with appointments also offered to help you make sure that your visit to the DMV more expedient than if you were visiting without having the information you need, with all the information needed right at 4dmv.com.
Setting an NY DMV Appointment
If you want to avoid waiting in the DMV office all day to receive your services, you can definitely set an appointment for most services offered. When taking a road test, an appointment is very important, as you must have the appointment before the road test is administered. To request your appointment, please do so at least 3 to 6 months before you plan to take the test.
You can request your appointment by phone
- By calling 1-518-402-2100, or if you wish you could do so online as well by visiting Road Test Scheduling. Commercial driving exams can be scheduled in the same manner as well.
- For salvage inspections of your vehicle, the DMV will set the appointment for you, providing you with the date and time. However, if you need, you can change or even cancel your appointment by simply emailing your request to [email protected], or request by phone – 1-518-486-6560.
- To schedule a safety and emissions inspection of your vehicle, you can set an appointment through the Official Inspection Station in New York found online.
NY DMV Office Locations
All driver's licensing, titling, and registration is done through the New York DMV, which includes renewal and replacement of these documents. Visit to find the NY DMV office closest to you.
- Counties starting with A-D
- Counties starting with E-M
- Counties starting with N-R
- Counties starting with S-Y
The DMV Central Office in New York is located at:
6 Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228
The Customer Service Counter is located at:
Swan Street Building
Empire State Plaza
Albany, NY 12228
This office is open from 8:30am – 3:45pm. All DMV offices in New York will maintain evening hours during the week at least one day per week. In order to avoid the busiest times of the DMV, the lunch hour isn't the most ideal time of day to visit the office in-person. If you find online services aren't offered for the services that you require, you can call the DMV by phone to determine what hours they are open and when would be the best time to visit.
More NY DMV Office Information
There are other details that you must know about the DMV offices that you need to visit, with different offices offered for some special services required in the state. The call center is the best portal to determine the times of operation of each office location, and to get more information about services you may need. To find the call center numbers and information, visit DMV Telephone Call Centers
Contacting the New York DMV
There are several numbers you should know for contacting the New York DMV offices depending on where you live in the state.
- New York City: 1-212-645-5550; 1-718-966-6155
- Area Code 516,631, 845, or 914 residents should call: 1-718-477-4820
- Area Code 315, 518, 585, 607, or 716 residents should call: 1-518-486-9786
- Out-of-state residents should call: 1-518-473-5595
To find all the contact information you could need for obtaining services from the DMV in New York, you can visit the contact page for driver licenses and titles/registration at DMV Telephone Call Centers