Part of the process of handling driving related matters involves completing the proper form. 4DMV.com realizes finding the correct form is not always easily done, which is why we have compiled this easy guide to access all the important driving related forms you may need to help you. Being able to download the forms and complete them prior to visiting your local Driver Services office, will save valuable time.
The state of Illinois also has many valuable publications that can be found online that detail many topics. These publications detail the specific state processes which 4DMV.com will direct you to.
Illinois Driver’s Licenses and Identification Cards
When applying for an Illinois driver’s license or ID card, you will need to complete the form at your local SOS Driver Services office. Unfortunately, the state does not provide the application form online.
4DMV.com provides you with any of the information you may need, however, in our special sections designed to handle your driving related needs such as:
- Applying for a New Illinois Driver’s License
- Illinois ID Cards
- Identity Theft
- Commercial Driver’s License
For information on DUI/DWI visit our section on DUI’s.
How To Get Your License Back
If your Illinois driver’s license has been revoked or suspended then you will need the appropriate forms to reinstate your license which may include:
- Medical Report Form
- Record of Unsatisfied Judgment
- Formal Hearing Request Form
Vehicle Titles and Registrations
When applying for your title and registration you will need to obtain the application at your local Secretary of State Driver Services office. There are a variety of forms related to titling and registration such as:
- Form VSD-190. . The Form VSD-190 must be completed when you are applying for a duplicate or corrected Title certificate
- Certificate of Purchase
- Power of Attorney
- Junk Vehicle Bill of Sale
- Fact Sheet Correcting Title and Registration
- Affirmation of Non Receipt of Title
- Odometer Disclosure Statement
- License Plates and Placards
4DMV.com’s License Plates and Placards section provides forms to obtain personalized plates and disability plates and placards as well as other special plates. There are various related forms that the applicant will need to complete which include:
- Vehicle Registration and/or Title Revocation Request
- Persons with Disabilities Certification for Plates or Parking Placard
- Environmental License Plate Program
- Affirmation for Pearl Harbor Survivor License Plates
Record of Unsatisfied Judgment
Affidavit for Termination of Suspension
While many of the forms are not available online, some are. In order to download the forms you will need to have Adobe Reader software installed on your computer which can be found for free at Adobe Reader.
For more information on what forms can be downloaded online visit Service for Motorists.