Locations & Hours
CA Locations & Hours
Finding California DMV locations and hours is very important if you want to make sure that you are setting your schedule for the right times and finding the right locations for all your DMV services you could need in California. Without this knowledge, handed over right from 4dmv.com, you could be at a loss when it is time to make your appointments or obtain your services from the California DMV. California DMV services are quite essential to your privilege to travel the state roads, which is why it is up to you to gain the knowledge necessary to complete your services in the shortest time with the easiest processes, which is why 4dmv.com is here to help you.
Schedule Your California DMV Appointment
The first thing you want to do with any of your needed California DMV services is to set an appointment, or check to see if the services are available online. There are various services offered online that allow you to skip the office visit, which can be accessed through DMV Any Time. The site will show you which online services are available, and how to receive services you need online or by phone.
- If you find that the California DMV services you need aren’t offered online or by phone, or that you aren’t able to mail in the paperwork from home, you will need to schedule a California DMV appointment to ensure that you aren’t waiting in line for hours on end. The appointment can cut your time into pieces, allowing you to access services you need within no time at all.
- To schedule an appointment by phone, you can call 1-800-777-0133 for single service appointments, or 1-800-921-1117 for multiple service appointments that you may need in order to complete more than one service during your appointment. This number provides automated assistance, but you will not be able to schedule a Class C driving exam or the motorcycle exam through this number. For these services, you will need to use the online appointment scheduler or the alternate DMV phone number.
Reasons to Make an Appointment with California DMV
There are many services that may require you to report to the local California DMV, as there are many services that cannot be completed online or by mail. There are also those of you out there that rather complete these processes in person as it ensures much more understanding and comprehensive assistance with these much needed services.
- Applying for your California license or ID
- Completing non-commercial road exams
- First-time titling and registration for your vehicle
- Obtaining California state moving permits
- Vehicle inspection of salvage, junked, and custom-build vehicles
To find out what other tasks you may need to report to the California DMV, you can visit the California official Department of Motor Vehicles Appointment FAQ page. Setting your appointment should be done in advance as there are no same day appointments honored, and you must limit your appointment scheduling to no more than 45 days in advance.
Local California DMV Office Hours
The hours of operation within the various DMV offices throughout each California county vary from location to location, but typically remain: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday open from 8am to 5pm pacific time, and open Wednesday from 9am to 5pm pacific time. Contacting the California DMV and setting schedules should be done within this time frame. While there are automated phone services available 24 hours a day, you must call within hours of operation to speak to a live representative of the DMV. If you need assistance, you may want to call the live number at 1-800-777-0133 to speak to a representative for comprehensive answers to any questions or direction to appropriate services.
- There are holidays observed with the California DMV, which you can check out at Holidays in 2011.The webpage is updated annually to ensure that you are getting the latest and most updated information about hours and days of operation to ensure you are making your personal scheduling with regard to the appropriate days and times of operation.
- DMV Any Time offers 24/7 phone or internet services which can be received completely at home, avoiding the need for an in-person appointment or visit to the local DMV. Saving time is a very important part of your life, and you can do so by using these services offered. While not all DMV services are offered online or by phone, or able to be mailed either, you can check out what services are offered at DMV AnyTime
Finding the Right Local California DMV Offices
There are several DMV offices located throughout the state of California from region to region and county to county. Getting the services you need will require that you report or conduct transactions through the appropriate county DMV office, enabling your services to be completed expeditiously.
- Visit DMV Public Offices by Location for a directory of field office locations by county
- Visit Regional California DMV Map
- Visit locations of Field Offices Administering CDL Road Tests
There are currently 15 California state DMV driver safety offices scattered within the various regions of California, which are used to file requests for administrative hearing procedures and departmental re-examination. Visit Directory of California DMV driver safety offices to find one closest to you.
- If you are in need of services for an occupational license, you will need to make an appointment with the occupational licensing inspector, which is only available Monday through Thursday between 9am and 12pm pacific time, and Tuesday and Friday between 1pm and 4pm, with no public access on Wednesday without an appointment. To make an appointment or find the local address, you can visit Inspector Offices by Location
If you need to find or make an appointment, you can visit any of the California DMV service centers. Using the web, you can make an appointment, find the appropriate numbers, and locate the offices that are nearest you for your best convenience in obtaining your much needed California DMV services.