LOCATIONS AND HOURS
CA DMV LOCATIONS & HOURS
Find California DMV hours and locations at 4DMV.com without having to spend hours searching from page to page. California DMV hours and locations are very important if you want to make sure that you are setting your schedule for the right times and finding the right locations for all your DMV services you require. Knowing the accurate hours of operation will ensure that you do not waste your time. Without this knowledge, found at 4DMV.com, you could be at a loss when it is time to make your appointments or obtain your services from the California DMV. California DMV services provide you with the ability to travel on state roads, which is why it is up to you to gain the knowledge necessary to complete your services in the shortest time, and 4DMV.com is here to help. We provide you with various DMV hours of operation and locations of DMV offices that will ultimately save you time and energy.
Schedule Your California DMV Appointment
The first thing you want to do with any of your needed California DMV services is to set an appointment, or check to see if the services are available online. There are various services offered online that allow you to skip the office visit, which can be accessed through DMV Any Time. The site will show you which online services are available, and how to receive services you need online or by phone.
- If you find that the California DMV services you need aren’t offered online or by phone, or that you aren’t able to mail in the paperwork from home, you will need to schedule a California DMV appointment to ensure that you aren’t waiting in line for hours on end. Many locations of DMV offices will inform you of their DMV hours of operation, allowing you to schedule your appointments at your convenience. Our site provides you with convenient DMV hours of operation and locations of DMV offices to ensure that you arrive on time and at the correct location.
- To schedule an appointment by phone, call 1-800-777-0133 for single service appointments or 1-800-921-1117 for multiple service appointments. This number provides automated assistance; however, you will not be able to schedule a Class C driving exam or the motorcycle exam through this number. For these services, you will need to use the online appointment scheduler or the alternate DMV phone number.
Reasons to Make an Appointment with California Locations of DMV Offices
Some services require you to report to local California locations of DMV offices in person, as these services cannot be completed online or by mail. In fact, some DMV visitors prefer visiting the offices in person because they desire hands-on processing and comprehensive assistance with services. Services that require you to report to various locations of DMV offices include:
- Applying for your California license or ID
- Completing non-commercial road exams
- First-time titling and registration for your vehicle
- Obtaining California state moving permits
- Vehicle inspection of salvage, junked, and custom-build vehicles
To find out what other tasks you may need to report to the California DMV, visit the official California Department of Motor Vehicles Appointment FAQ page. Setting your appointment should be done in advance, as there are no same day appointments honored, and you must limit your appointment scheduling to no more than 45 days in advance.
California DMV Hours of Operation
The hours of operation within the various locations of DMV offices throughout each California county vary, but are typically: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. pacific time, and Wednesday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. pacific time. Contacting the California DMV and setting schedules should be done within the DMV hours of operation. While there are automated phone services available 24 hours a day, you must call within DMV hours of operation to speak to a live representative of the DMV. If you need assistance, you may want to call the live number at 1-800-777-0133 to speak to a representative for comprehensive answers to any questions or direction to appropriate services.
- There are holidays observed within various locations of DMV offices in California, which you can view online at Holidays in 2011.The webpage is updated annually to ensure that you are getting the latest and most updated information about DMV hours of operation and days of operation to ensure you are making your personal scheduling with regard to the appropriate days and times of operation.
- DMV Any Time offers 24/7 phone or internet services which can be received completely at home, avoiding the need for an in-person appointment or visit to the local DMV. Saving time is a very important part of your life, and you can do so by using these services offered. While not all DMV services are offered online or by phone, or able to be mailed either, you can check out what services are offered at DMV Any Time.
Finding the Right California Locations of DMV Offices
There are several locations of DMV offices located throughout the state of California from region to region and county to county. Getting the services you need will require that you report or conduct transactions through the appropriate county DMV office, enabling your services to be completed expeditiously.
- Visit DMV Public Offices by Location for a directory of field office locations by county
- Visit Regional California DMV Map
- Visit field offices administering CDL road tests
There are currently 15 California state DMV driver safety offices scattered within the various regions of California, which are used to file requests for administrative hearing procedures and departmental re-examination. Visit the Locations of DMV Offices and DMV Hours page for a directory of California locations of DMV driver safety offices to find one closest to you.
- If you are in need of services for an occupational license, you will need to make an appointment with the occupational licensing inspector. DMV hours are Monday through Thursday between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. pacific time, and Tuesday and Friday between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m., with no public access on Wednesday without an appointment. To make an appointment or find the locations DMV and address, or to confirm the hours of operation, visit Inspector Offices by Location.
- If you need to find or make an appointment with any of the California DMV service centers, visit California DMV Service Centers. Using the web, you can make an appointment, find the appropriate numbers, confirm DMV hours of operation, and locate the offices that are nearest you for your best convenience in obtaining your much-needed California DMV services.
You may not need to visit your local DMV office in person for certain services, such as obtaining your driving record.